Friday, October 22, 2010

The Zoo

My friends often jokingly refer to my collection of "children" as the zoo.  Which of course, I do not mind although I find it funny because to me I really don't have that many.  I volunteer and technically work for the SPCA on the weekends, most people that I know from there, have more animals than I do so I don't think having 4 is too many.  I also have 3 foster babies too under my roof (or should I say Jeff's roof) at this time.

Before I go sharing the funny stuff that my children do on a daily basis, I want to share a little of background about each of them. I will start from the oldest to the youngest.  My oldest kiddies are my cats, Grey & Izzy, whom I adopted a couple of years ago from the Wyoming County SPCA.  I went there with every intention of adopting an older cat and walked out with a 3 month old brother and sister pair.  While I was walking around the cat room, I came upon a cage that had a cute little grey cat in it.  So I peered into the cage and said, " Hi, baby!"  That little cat got so excited that she fell right into her water bowl.  At that moment, I knew she was my cat and I had to take her home. The lady at the shelter was quick to point out that she had a brother and they were bonded.  My boyfriend at the time was not too keen on the idea of taking home two cats but of course, I got my way and walked out with two young cats, Mark and Stefania.  The first thing I did was change their name to Grey & Izzy.  My then boyfriend wanted to name them Grey & Scarlet after the Ohio State colors.  I wanted to name them after my favorite TV show, Grey's Anatomy so that is how they got their names.  When my boyfriend and I broke up, I got custody of the cats and even though Grey can be a huge pain in my ass, I cannot imagine not having them in my life.  I almost gave them up in order to move in with a friend, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  Everything worked out in the end, I moved in with Jeff and even though he is not a fan of cats, he accepted that they were a part of the "package."

No comments:

Post a Comment