Friday, September 9, 2011

I had it coming...

So I admit I am terrible at taking care of my car.  It's a good thing that condition of my car does not reflect how I care for my four legged kids.  The outside is dirty and the inside is not much better.  Even though I should not say this but my inspection is way overdue.  I already received the lecture about how can I be overdue when it only takes a hour or two at most to get done. 

Well karma already came back and bit me in the butt about not having it done yet.  I was on the 190-90 merge last Friday and I got rear ended by some chick driving a late model Chevy.   My bumper had three scratches on it that I have to have fix because it is a lease.  When it happened, my first thought I really should call the cops and get a police report filed but I didn't because I did not want risk getting a ticket for my overdue inspection.  So we just exchanged insurance information and that was that.  Of course, I did the whole file the claim through my insurance and hers.  Well the other night when I was walking the dog, I received a call from her insurance company.  Come to find out, her policy expired at the end of July and currently does not have coverage through them.  Now my insurance company has to search by her VIN number to see if she has other coverage if not, I have to pay the $500 deductible.  I asked the insurance rep what happens to her and he said  "nothing."  The only way she would have gotten in trouble is if I filed a police report.  Why do I like to learn the hard way on these things?!?!?  I can take her to small claims court to attempt to recover my $500 but this all would have been a heck of a lot easier if I had my inspection up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment