Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Preston Knows Best

My horse Preston is smart.  In fact, he is probably smarter than I am. Yesterday, while out trail riding we had a "I told you so" moment.  Luckily for me, he cannot talk or judge me in a human way.  If he could talk, he would have probably told his pasture buddies how dumb his new owner is.

We were trail riding in the woods on the property where I currently board him.  I am not too familiar with the trails but I have a pretty decent sense of direction so whenever we come to a fork in the trails, I would take pick the path in which I thought would take us back to where we originally started.   Well we approach this one fork and I wanted to go right, Preston wanted to go left.  So I gave him a little nudge to tell him to go to the right and he proceeded to fight my command.  He kept on trying to go left, so we fought for a couple of seconds and I finally won so we continued to down the path to the right.  Not too far down the path, we came to a dead end so I stopped Preston gave him the cue to turn around which he did in such a fashion that implied, "I told you so."

1 comment:

  1. that's adorable. looks like he's training you, too! :)

    edited to add that my "captcha" to post this comment was "redneck". hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete