Monday, September 5, 2011

It is has been awhile.

It has been quite some time since my last posting.  I made a promise to myself that going forward I will post to the blog at least once a week since I do have lots of stories to tell. 

Many things happened since my last posting with my 4 legged babies.  I am down to only one foster bun-bun, Sadie, whom I am still looking for a home for.  The other two were taken to Tompkins County SPCA in Ithaca for adoption.  The SPCA there as been quite successful at adopting bonded pairs and luckily for my two girls, they found their forever home. 

My male cat, Grey decided that he no longer wanted to pee in the litter box and starting peeing on clothes, towels, our new hallway floor etc.  Took him to the vet in hopes it was a medical issue not a behavioral one.  Of course, no such luck, the vet gave him a clean bill of health.  At the time, I only had one litter box for him and his sister that I kept in the "animal" room.  Everyone I told about Grey's little issue told me that I really needed another litter box.  I always had just one and never had a problem.  I decided to clean out of our hall closets and put the second litter box in there so the cats felt like it was their own space.  So far so good!  I noticed Grey pees in the one in the animal room and poops in the other one.  Let's hope it stays that way.  

No new updates with Kodiak and Sammy.   Kodiak is still a terrorist and Sammy is still grumpy.   Actually Sammy is quite fat, he needs to go on a diet because he is having a hard time keeping himself clean.  Gross, I know.  I stick him in the bathtub once a week to rinse him down.  Funny thing is he easier to give a bath to compared to the dog.   The dog whines and cries like we are trying to kill him.  Sammy just sits there with a look on his face, like" I am going to kill you b*&ch."

I saved the best for last.  I have a new addition the "zoo."   A 6 year old Quarter Horse cross named Preston!!!!   More to come on Preston as I get to know him.  I am so excited to finally have a horse again after a thirteen year hiatus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment