Monday, September 5, 2011

Tractor Supply is the new DSW.

The cheapest part of owning a horse is the horse.  It's everything else that comes along with being a horse owner that's expensive. Luckily for me, my dad had enough foresight to save all my tack and horse supplies when we sold my old show horse due to me going away to college.  Thirteen years later, I am up in the loft of my parent's barn searching through totes and boxes seeing what I can use for Preston.  I was a happier than a pig in mud when I found all my old bridles, bits, girths, chin straps, etc.   Some of the stuff looked pretty rough but definitely  could be rejuvenated with a little oil and love. 

I went to Tractor Supply in Alden to pick up some saddle soap and leather conditioner.  As soon as I walked in I found myself ogling over the Ariat Boots display, in addition to looking and touching every item in the Equine aisles.  Yup, Tractor Supply has become my new DSW.  

No comments:

Post a Comment